A family can make and keep a promise to a child that even the very best organization cannot… the promise of forever. Within a family, a child’s most fundamental needs are met within a context of unconditional love and belonging. It is the best structure ever created to care for children. Not a system, not an institution, but a family.
This is the belief that shapes our values, our culture and our operations every day.
Oasis Haven is not an adoption agency, rather we dedicate our time and resources to fill the gap between potential adoptive families, the children who need them and the relevant agencies involved in the adoption process both locally and internationally.
Oasis Haven executes the adoptions arm of our vision through five key processes:
- Raising awareness around the need for adoptive families as well as the facts around adoption in South Africa through our Adoption Discovery events. Adoption Discovery is an informational event. In the hopes of addressing the common obstacles, questions and myths surrounding the adoptive process, we will provide you and your family with the facts and the necessary resources. There is no cost and no obligation associated with your attendance. Rather, we recommend that you come to learn more, begin the discussion, and discover the truth about adoption for yourself. To receive information about our next Adoption Discovery, click here.
- Training potential adoptive families through our Journey to Adoption programme. Journey to Adoption is a four session training seminar for parents considering adoption. Sessions are typically held once monthly on Saturday. The cost is R250 per couple and R125 for singles. Training fee goes towards the cost of materials. To receive more information about our next Journey to Adoption, click here.
- Liaising with the Department of Social Development in South Africa and related agencies to prepare both children and adoptive families regarding the legal requirements for adoption.
- Presenting potential adoptive families to designated social workers after completion of preliminary screenings.
- Providing a community of support to adoptive families before, during, and after their adoption journey.
Are you interested in finding out more about our Adoption Discovery events, our Journey to Adoption parenting course? Would you like to speak to someone about adoption? Please click here to contact us.